Menu

Diverse Position Science Fiction

Bloodchild by Octavia E. Butler is an experience to read and about half way through, I sat back, my mind loaded with questions. For starters its very interesting and uniquely written, also I can see it being a majoritarian culture being related to the fact there are the T'lic, large insect like creatures with six limbs, that lay their eggs inside mostly willing N'tilc, who are essentially picked partners for the T'lic. Its apparently been this way for years and is just how things are and no one dares change it. 
Related image

One thing about this book is the descriptive wording used to identify these insect like creatures. You are given just enough detail to have some sort of image but then its left up to your own mind to fill in the blanks. I like this way of writing though my mind comes up with confusing solutions that are also a little terrifying. For my, the insect creatures with the description provided I envisioned the Insects to be Lengthy snake like creatures with six long skittery limbs, pale skin and a face like a human woman with long hair. I don't know why this what my mind wanted to put in the blanks but with that vision it makes this interesting story a little horrifying. This short story is very intriguing and I again would want a longer version, I want to know the after and would definitely continue reading.
Image result for Centipede alien
Tom Harrison Illustration

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About