Menu

J Horror


Image result for A Wild sheep chaseJapenese horror has a very specific feel to it and almost always has a sort of cryptic moral meaning underlying its entirety. Whether it be a novel or a film the characteristics are similar. A moral lesson is taught throughout the story's main points. A Wild Sheep Chase is a pretty interesting read, with unnamed characters and A jaded protagonist it reaches many levels of creepy and weird. The way horror is portrayed in the west very different. I feel as though there aren't as many moral settings for the viewer to take from. The settings of the stories are vastly different, there is an obvious cultural difference.

Image result for GyoThere is a manga by Junji Ito named Gyo that is awesome and super weird and just a little terrifying. I can't even thing of how to describe this piece of work, more of less there are weird sets of technology created by a near mad scientist that has flailing tubes and envelopes dead bodies, animals and humans. Its gruesome and gross but as a horror fan it is an interesting read. I had first saw the book in Barnes and Noble's and I HAD to get it and its one of my favorite manga and I try to get other people to borrow my book and read it! The style for one is freaky and interesting and similar to how I draw sometimes, so kindred artists ha! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About